Originally Posted By: Flushing
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
It's not the 1950s.

This is my favorite feminist quote. Reimagining the 1950's as a female dystopia. Yet ignoring the fact that if we hadn't succeeded in the 1940's, no American woman would currently exist.

(My second favorite feminist quote is "barefoot and pregnant". I think about it every time I see a pregnant woman at the mall with a bag full of high end items, notably shoes)

I just said 1950s because I thought of people talking in bathrooms in movies like Grease, like this was once a thing to do. Why else would anyone want "mens rooms" and "womens rooms"? To watch other people go? Maybe we can leave this to the states. Let the advanced states on the coasts build individual use public restrooms, and let the midwest and southern states keep their men and womens rooms, complete with full length mirrors in the ladies' room and a long urinal in the men's room, so the good old boys can "bond" (or whatever else they do in there). Problem solved.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea