Originally Posted By: Flushing
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
It's not one family cultivate rats ! The thing that's creates rats are obviously guys getting busted!

The more old lucrative rackets you have the better the family is . When a family is down weather it's due to war or busts the remaining members are hungry for money, when you are hungry for money you make bad decisions and that leads to arrests and that leads to rats.

It has nothing to do with the Colombo's it has to do with there history!!!!

It takes time to rebuild and rebound from what they have been through, and it's been a while, take a look at what they have been through it's a wonder they are even viable .

That's true, their entire family has had more internal strife than even a single faction of the entire Genovese.

However, I must say that poor quality begets poor quality. It's true in business as well as crime syndicates (I guess). Having just visited the Microsoft store I found it empty, while the apple store across the way was packed (and this was in Seattle!).

Poor quality members gravitate towards the Colombo's and Bonanno's rather than, say, the Genovese. Rarely do we hear of Genovese members invading a home and tying up elderly people. Colombo/Bonanno tend to take more risks, and engage in violence unnecessarily, and ultimately, rat out.

(Also, I think it has a lot to do with Brooklyn. Pizza had this same theory, and I know it's controversial)

The real ruin of the colombos are the the persico family,if Orena should won the war the family would be in better shape.