It's been a while... I keep forgetting to post in here, so this is going to cover the past two weeks, approximatly.

Last Days (2005) - ****
Director: Gus Van Sant
Last Days covers the last days of a troubled Seattle-based musician's life, whom closly resembles Kurt Cobain.
Wow. Loved it. Best movie of this year, I really think. The acting was superb, and I was amazed to find out the film was mostly improvised. Wow... just wow. I don't know what else to say; great job, Van Sant.

A Christmas Story (1983) -***1/2
Director: Bob Clark
Set in 1940s America, a young boy desires an air-soft rifle for Christmas.
Come on, I had to bust this one out to close the Christmas Eve night. It's a fun movie, when viewed in correct rations. The best moments from the film--by far--have to be the "fragile/leg lamp" and Chinese restaurant scenes.

The Outsiders (1983) - ***1/2
Director: Francis Ford Coppola
When a murder occurs, two young greaser's must dissappear from town.
I really liked this one alot. Sure, it was a bit corny at times (I could've done with out the Stevie Wonder song at the end), but overall it was a good effort. The acting was superb, and I absolutely loved the premise. I have to say, there were moments in this film that brought back memories of watching Rebel Without a Cause for the first time... And while the film wasn't nearly as good as Rebel, It was still an amazing feeling, and a great film.

King Kong (2005) - ***1/2
Director: Peter Jackson
An adventure is unleased with a film crew discovers a prehistoric world at sea.
This was alot better than I had expected. I really surprised myself too, because I usually don't like the big Hollywood, action-packed blockbusters like this (The LOTR series never caught on with me...). But, it was a good film. The cinematography was well crafted, it was well written (it came off a bit cheasy at times, but this was to the intention of Peter Jackson to give it the old 1930s feel). Over all, I liked it. I especially liked the interesting casting choices. I couldn't picture anyone but Jack Black chosen to play Carl... At times he had me laughing, at other times he had me sickened by his greed. I've also always enjoyed Adrien Brody... He has a tremendous talent, it's just too bad that so many of his films bombed. As a side-note, did anyone else notice that Colin Hanks is looking more and more like Dan Aykroyd as he ages? :p

Brazil (1985) - ****
Director: Terry Gilliam
An unlikely hero seeks a mystery girl in a futuristic government.
I really like this one. Terry Gilliam never seems to dissapoint me. What's not to like about this one? It had a great visual style as well as acting and story. At times I was laughing, and at others I was just consumed by the film and its story. I still prefer Fear and Loathing, easily, but this is deffinately one of his best works.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."