Fat Pete Chiodo had a justifiable reason to rat, he was practically forced into ratting. I'm not sure there were any reasonable grounds for even suspecting he was a rat, even with Vic Amuso publicly belittling him, a capo, in front of other made guys.

John Veasey and Ron Previte aren't as bad as other rats because they never pretended they respected the oath or the tradition, their balls and moxie respectively are almost begrudgingly admired.

I never bought Al D'Arco's reasons for ratting. His son didn't become a heroin addict and slinger because of anyone other than him, that's on him. I'm also not sure if that incident at The Kimberly Hotel was all inside his own head. It sounds fabricated, or at least too far-fetched to be true. The image of him running away with his tail between his legs makes him look like a punk who didn't have the stomach for this life once the going got tough.

From some of what I've read, Nick Caramandi seems almost like an unapologetic con artist in the mold of Previte, but the difference between Caramandi and Previte is that Caramandi seemed to have a personal friendship with Scarfo, unlike Previte, who operated with a level of detachment when it came to guys like John Stanfa. So Caramandi is worse IMO.

The worst kind of rat of all IMO, though, has to be someone like Junior Gotti or Michael Franzese who give the Feds all kinds of information yet vigorously and steadfastly maintain they aren't rats despite the mounting evidence to the contrary.

Half a rat or full blown rat, you're still a rat once you disavow your blood oath.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.