The Milano were actually aligned with Lou Rothkopf who served under Frank Milano, uncle to Peter Milano. Cohen came back to Cleveland from Chicago, pretty sure he was working under Mattie Capone or one of the Capone brothers at the time, and talked to Lou Rothkopf who talked to Meyer Lansky who in turned talked to Busgy about Mickey heading out west. Anthony Milano, father to both Carmine and Peter Milano sent those two and Frankie G, the only made member at the time who served as a conduit and any sitdowns Cohen comes to, to L.A. to help out. When Cohen was released from prison in 1955, he was pulling a Joe Gallo, thus someone reached out Lou as Cohen was still angry over Bugsy being killed and was still involved in some joint business with Cleveland, Chicago and New York (Genovese), which was bad for them. Not much is known about the meeting but Lou stood by Cohen, and was later found dead in his car in 1956.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green