Originally Posted By: Jeremythejew
few examples of ppl that got admin spots after prison terms:
- sonny franzese
- Rastelli
- Persico
- Galante (kind of)

All of u are reading too much into LCN myth/ well the good old days

The reality is nobody gives a shit if Gene has done X amount of yrs. yes they might show him some respect but it’s all to do with MONEY & if he steps on toes- there’ll be a problem

And believe me nobody enjoys having to share their money. Unless it’s guys that do kick up out of fear ie Galante came out after 20yrs and strongarmed his way into the rackets

Only reason he got away with it for some time was fear/ had nothing to do with how much time he did or how he kept his mouth shut

Now IF that does play a part- again it boils down to “how useful is this guy” perhaps Gene can be of use (when I say useful- what I mean is if he can make me money)

Rusty was only respected because he had guys on the streets who were still loyal to him

If Carmine Persico was released tomo, I’ve heard he has a lot of blood relatives on the streets. Therefore he’ll fit right in due to that connection

So it all boils down to- how much “connection” does Gene or anyone who comes out have with the streets

My bet is he’s been away so long he doesn’t even know most of the guys who were obviously babies at the time when Gene went away

And even if he does know them, how friendly was he with them/ loyal towards him?