The post that starts this thread contains a list that is identical to the Buffalo Family item found on Wikipedia -- see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_crime_family. Ed Scarpo's article is referenced in footnote 1. So the natural questions are: Did someone edit the wiki as a result of Scarpo's article? Or did Scarpo use the Wikipedia article for his blog post?

Scarpo's article is dated November 22, 2017; a poster on another OC forum pointed out in their post that same day that, in the Wikipedia item, the whole section titled "Current leadership" was brand-new and was added the same day that Scarpo's article was published. If you go to the wiki, you will notice that it claims the Buffalo Family has 55 members, which is an inordinately high number for this family (a family that many law-enforcement agencies no longer consider viable).

Setting aside for now the question of whether Giuseppe Violi (Joe) could even be made into the Buffalo Family, let alone be its underboss, please note that back in July 2002, his older brother Domenico was considered by law enforcement to be the leader of the Luppino crime group -- see a photo of a copy of p. 2 of the Halton Regional Police Service Confidential Intelligence Report by going to HRPS report--p. 2. (I previously posted this link, as well as similar ones, in the thread titled "Major RCMP anti-drug investigation Ontario." Ciment also alerted us all to the newer related photos posted on Twitter by private investigator Derrick Snowdy.)

As far as I know, Stephen Schneider is the only writer who has claimed that Giacomo Luppino was not only a made member of the Buffalo Family but also one of its captains. Unfortunately, Schneider did not source that claim in his 2009 book, Iced: The Story of Organized Crime in Canada. While it is true that a number of Calabrian-born organized-crime figures in Hamilton felt the strong pull of Stefano Magaddino and were in his orbit--the pull was so strong that Antonio Papalia and other Calabrian criminals even betrayed Rocco Perri (see books by Antonio Nicaso, James Dubro, and Adrian Humphreys)--I cannot see Luppino being both a made member of La Cosa Nostra and a 'ndranghetista. After all, he was the one who in 1962 created the camera di controllo in Ontario, a 'ndrangheta governing body on which six Toronto-area Siderno Group figures also sat with him. I don't understand Luppino's fascination with and reverence for Magaddino; nor do I understand Luppino's wriretapped conversation with John Papalia that indicated that the two of them, as well as other mafiosi in Ontario, had to heed the wishes of the American LCN's Commission. But these are subjects for another day, as is the possibility that Domenico and Giuseppe Violi have close ties to the Bonanno Family of New York (based on the recent Project Otremens bust).

Over the last 11 years, I've seen more than one poster claim that Ignazio "Harold" Bordonaro is still active. Although I have yet to find an obituary for Bordonaro, he is dead and has been since at least October 11, 1996 -- see my Evernote item at https://www.evernote.com/shard/s229/sh/2...6bc8ec9ca38899.