Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Originally Posted By: Ciment
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Originally Posted By: Ciment
The reason I gave all this background information is to illustrate that if Sciascia would of ordered a hit on Paul Cotroni he would of used the services of the Hells Angels not the Rock Machine that had resentment towards the Italians for siding with the Hells. Gerald Gallant, the guy that killed Cotroni was a hitman for the Rock Machine. He also confessed that the Italians are with the Hells Angels. Cotroni did business with the Hells and that is what did him in. According to investigation reports,Johnny Plescio a Rock Machine member,had warned Paul & Frank Cotroni jr. not to frequent the Hells Angels & friend Scott Steinert(HA).
For your read reference I have included the above Journal de Montreal article.

Perhaps Sciascia wanted to kill Paul Cotroni on the sneak and didn't want the murder traced back to him hence why he hired the Rock Machine.

Massino's claim is remarkable and doesn't made a whole lot of sense based on contradictatory statements made by the killer, but I don't think it can be easily refuted either.

Forgive me but the Massino story does not resonate with me, firstly the Rock Machine were no longer allies with the Rizzuto's

By '98? I thought Rizzuto's agreement with the Hell's was made later.

According to Mafic INC. book.
Yes, there were negotiations taking place in the year 2000 with the Hells to discuss cocaine distribution territories and set wholesale price for the drug on the Montreal Markets. The author goes on saying that that Vito and Arcadi repeatedly asked Paolo Gervasi to tell his son to stop dealing with the Rock Machine. But no dates are given as to when Gervasi was advised. It could very well be during negotiations or before. I will be honest with you it leaves it to interpretation. But nevertheless the Cotroni's were having problems with the Rock Machine prior to P.Cotroni murder. Two weeks later,the biker that threatened the Cotroni's, Johnny Plescio gets killed. This is not a coincidence. Furthermore, at that time the Cotroni's and the Rizzuto's were on the same side. There was no feud among them. So even if the meeting was later it does not change the facts.
The book does mention about this drug trafficker Cameron. In 1994 he was told to stop dealing with Hells Angels rivals, the Rock Machine. Cameron approached Vito Rizzuto to settle the situation. In 1997 they found Camerons hand book numbers 50,000 and the word Vito. Then they go on saying as the Hells had gained the upper hand, Vito aligned himself with the side set to emerge victorious.
Because of this Cameron incident, Vito was aware long before the Paul Cotroni murder,that the Hells were not happy about drug dealers dealing with their rivals.