Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Originally Posted By: Ciment
The reason I gave all this background information is to illustrate that if Sciascia would of ordered a hit on Paul Cotroni he would of used the services of the Hells Angels not the Rock Machine that had resentment towards the Italians for siding with the Hells. Gerald Gallant, the guy that killed Cotroni was a hitman for the Rock Machine. He also confessed that the Italians are with the Hells Angels. Cotroni did business with the Hells and that is what did him in. According to investigation reports,Johnny Plescio a Rock Machine member,had warned Paul & Frank Cotroni jr. not to frequent the Hells Angels & friend Scott Steinert(HA).
For your read reference I have included the above Journal de Montreal article.

Perhaps Sciascia wanted to kill Paul Cotroni on the sneak and didn't want the murder traced back to him hence why he hired the Rock Machine.

Massino's claim is remarkable and doesn't made a whole lot of sense based on contradictatory statements made by the killer, but I don't think it can be easily refuted either.

Forgive me but the Massino story does not resonate with me, firstly the Rock Machine were no longer allies with the Rizzuto's
Secondly, assuming that Sciascia did contract out the hit on Paul Cotroni why would Machine Johnny Plescio give Paul Cotroni a warning not to do business with the Hells. I personally think Massino will say anything to save his ass.
The following is what transpired after P.Cotroni got killed.

-Johnny Plescio (warns P.Cotroni not to frequent the Hells Angels)
-Paul Cotroni Killed Aug.23,1998
-Johnny Plescio killed Sept. 8, 1998
-Tony Plescio killed Oct. 1,1999 (brother of Johnny Plascio)