@ Stubbs

+100

yes, Yes, and YESSS MY MAN, GREAT POST!!!

That thing up there is a VERY complicated situation, with multiple factions involved.

I'm open to dissenting opinions of course, but I really think the Montagna thing was like a " Tony Bananas" situation. He was gassed up to make a big move the REAL players didn't want their signature on....

Also, giving credit where it's due, I read this on the Blackhand.....
It was reported by an informant in Italy that Carlo Gambino was running an immigrant smuggling operation in the 70s, THROUGH Montreal, with the Cotronis headed up by Paolo Gambino. This is where all the Zips in NYC were coming from.

So the Gambinos had established ties with The Montreal Cotronis, the Toronto Calabrians, have a power base IN SICILY, connections to South America.
They are kinda CENTRAL to all of this. Speculation on My part.....

I awhile back, I asked the question on the boards.... Did Cali, replace Rizzuto as the top Italo-American narcotics trafficker.

He had the connections to Sicily, his relatives were accepted immediately as bosses. ( I know there was deadly tension from guys like Rotolo, but still, he might have been in the minority... Cause I think Nicchi was corleonsesi, but he was with Cali and them....) he's got authority in NYC, where the drugs end up.

He's got his import export company, and we know John Gambino had connections to South America, plus there are the meetings with the Cocaine laden Calabrese.....

It seriously used to baffle me, guys treating all this stuff like isolated incidents of drug trafficking. You can trace a straight line from today, all the way back to Rothsteins drug operation with Lansky and Luciano, and guys like Coppola.

The only time in history this shit has been interrupted were the Two world wars, and the two bombing campaigns in Sicily, that lead to the State crackdowns. Other than that, it's seamless.......

They are, I believe the missing link in all this......