Always excellent reading your posts Cabrini! What we don’t know if there are just a crew or two of the Bonanno and Gambino families who have the connections to Canada or if there’s something bigger at play, possibly lead by the leadership of those families.

Reading your posts in the thread, that make sense. Also, consider the Rizzutos/C.untrera-Caruanas are all from Agrigento. The timing of the Rizzuto takeover of Montreal makes me wonder how closely it was tied into war in Sicily: Violi was killed in '78... The Corleonesi (Riina/Provenzano) gained a control over the Cupola in Sicily in the mid/late-seventies and wiped out the Palermo leadership faction (Bontade/Inzerillo/Badalamenti/Sicily Gambinos) by something like '83.

I wonder how closely these two wars are tied? The Palermo group was obviously very close to the Gambinos and the Bonannos were close as well, via families in Castellamare del Golfo. When the Corleonesi took over they kept working with the Gambinos, with the later using John Gambino as their emissary back to the Cupola. The Cotroni family in Montreal were historically very close to the Bonnanos (and possibly the Gambinos to a lesser extent), so I wonder if the Corleonesi backed Rizzuto's takeover of Montreal in order to have more loyal allies in the US? That's always been something I've wondered: Who was loyal to Riina in the US/Canada when he took over? The Gambinos fell in line after the Corleonesi takeover, but I doubt they were the only Corleonesi connection in the US/Canada. Sicily seems to still be split to this day between the Palermo and Corleone faction.

"It wasn't very good parsley to begin with, and then the cat went and peed on it." -Sicilian proverb