Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
In short Billy, I feel the Gambinos and the Calabrians used Montagna to get rid of the Rizzutos for them.

Quick question, anyone know if the Bonnanos got a piece of the Montreal construction, that big sports book they had up there, like the traditional rackets? I DO believe the Bonnanos may have some say there.

But then we never identify WHO are the made guys up there loyal to the Bonnanos. Another reason why the recent arrest were so intriguing, because it was a Bonnano in Cananda making a guy and telling him specifically " YOU ARE WITH THE BONNANO FAMILY". Instead of just making a Sicilian born mobster who may or may not even have real loyalty to your organization. It's just Sicilian Mafiosi " initiated" into the Bonnanos for the sake of not stepping on the Americans toes.

Rizzuto to reminds so much of a guy like Coppola. Coppola technically I think wasn't even a CAPO. Just a soldier like Vito. But he ran an international drug operation, was a trusted ally of SEVERAL families, picked HIS OWN BOSSES SUCCESOR in Sicily, was close to Leggio and the Coleonesi, actually was called the most powerful crime figure in Italy at the time of his death.

I mean I know technically the Detroit guys outranked him but give me a break, lol....

I am of the same opinion that Montagna was used by the Calabrians.The Gambino's would not jeopardize their relationship with the Calabrians just because of Montagna's own ambitions. Montagna was in Montreal for one reason(he was deported) and decided to make the best of the situation.