Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
[b]Eraserhead
David Lynch 1976 US (4th time)
The prospect of meeting the parents and becoming a father turns into a nightmare for an irresponsible man.
Lynch's first feature, and to many, his best; every single shot in this film is provocative, oozing with the bizarre surrealism and at times genuinely frightening sense of life as a nightmarish prospect that have since marked the director's most distinguished works. An outstanding achievement.

The Grandmother
David Lynch 1970 US (2nd time)
A young boy, neglected by his parents, plants some seeds in his room, and an elderly woman whom he befriends grows from them.
A Bacon painting come to life, with use of crude animation to propel some of its narrative. It looks and sounds lovely. [/b]
You know, I don't think I've ever seen a Lynch movie.

I'll be seeing The Elephant Man tonight though.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."