Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire ** 1/2

Harry's fourth summer and the following year at Hogwarts are marked by the Quidditch World Cup and the Triwizard Tournament, in which student representatives from three different wizarding schools compete in a series of increasingly challenging contests. However, Voldemort's Death Eaters are gaining strength and even creating the Dark Mark giving evidence that the Dark Lord is ready to rise again. In the unsuspecting lives of the young wizard and witches at Hogwarts the competitors are selected by the goblet of fire, which this year makes a very surprising announcement: Hogwarts will have two representatives in the tournament, including Harry Potter! Will Harry be able to rise to the challenge for the Tri Wizard Tournament while keeping up with school or will the challenges along with Voldemort's rebirth be too much for the young hero?

I was VERY disappointed with this movie to say the least. To clarify, I did enjoy the movie, but it was nowhere near as good as I was hoping for it to be. SPOILERS I knew that a book 700+ pages wouldn't fit well into a 2 1/2 hour movie and I was right. The movie was very fast paced and never seemed to slow down. It really felt like they were trying to cram in as much as they could due to Warner Bros. "time limit." I was also very upset at the fact that the Dursleys weren't in the movie as I love those characters very much. I also believe a member of the movie who didn't die in the book died in the movie (although I won't go so far as to spoil that). END OF SPOILERS If you're a fan of the book, don't set high expectations. Again, I did enjoy this movie, would see it again in theaters, and will definitely buy it on DVD. Personally, I'd rank the films in order:

1) Sorcerer's Stone
2) Prisoner of Azkaban
3) Goblet of Fire
4) Chamber of Secrets