Chinatown #19 on the AFI Top 100 List ** 1/2

Los Angeles detective Jake Gittes is hired by a woman claiming to be a Mrs. Mulwray to spy on her husband. Shortly after Gittes is hired, the real Mrs. Mulwray appears in his office threatening to sue if he doesn't drop the case immediately. Gittes pursues the case anyway, slowly uncovering a vast conspiracy centering on water management, state and municipal corruption, land use and real estate, and involving at least one murder.

Not a bad movie but Nicholson I didn't think brought the same presence as he did in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Also, Mr. Mulwray's character was a real piece of sh*t. I was kinda disappointed

Psycho #18 on the AFI Top 100 List ****

Phoenix officeworker Marion Crane is fed up with the way life has treated her. She has to meet her lover Sam in lunch breaks and they cannot get married because Sam has to give most of his money away in alimony. One Friday Marion is trusted to bank $40,000 by her employer. Seeing the opportunity to take the money and start a new life, Marion leaves town and heads towards Sam's California store. Tired after the long drive and caught in a storm, she gets off the main highway and pulls into The Bates Motel. The motel is managed by a quiet young man called Norman who seems to be dominated by his mother.

My favorite Hitchcock film without a doubt! Terrific performances by Janet Leigh and Anthony Perkins. I absolutely loved the camera movement in this movie by Hitchcock and it's easily one of my favorite "suspense/horror" movie