Sin City (2005, Rodriguez/Miller/Tarantino) ***1/2

Well, I just don't know what to say. This was a damn good film. This one is based on Frank Miller's Comic Books (Fuck You, Graphic Novels.) about the corrupted criminal hellhole that is Basin City. Marv is a brutish animal, mudering his way to the truth and answers for teh death of his only true love, Goldie. Hartigan is a cop on the verge of retirement, wrongfully convicted of a crime he didn't commit. Dwight has killed a hero-cop and now needs to cover it up before it ruins Old Town, which is ruled by the Prostitutes, any trouble could bring back the mob and corrupt cops back to destroy their turf.

First of all, the visuals. From white blood to brilliant colors, this one is excellent in that department. I was critical at first, saying it looked a little too cardboard, but I was W-R-O-N-G. This film goes over the top in every way possible and gives justice to the comic book film, yet is still the second best of the year in the Comic department. Sin City is a dark and gritty place, and is captured excellently.

Though I felt Nick Stahl wasn't a great choice, he did decently enough. Elijah Wood, where do I start. He was C-R-E-E-P-Y, not P-I-M-P. Overrall the casting was pretty good all around.

I liked this film alot, and it pretty much covered my expectations as some members on the board have praised it. Was it a little overrated? Yeah. But it was still a damn good flick.

I can't wait 'till '06.

Hey, how's it going?