Saw ** 1/2

Obsessed with teaching his victims the value of life, a deranged, sadistic serial killer abducts the morraly wayward. Once captred, they must face impossible choices in a horrific game of survival. The victims must fight to win their lives back, or die trying. I really enjoyed this movie in the theaters but since viewing it once or twice more it just doesn't have the same impact me as it did initially which makes me upset. The same thing can be said for High Tension. I loved these movies the first time around but after watching it another couple of times it's still good but not as enjoyable as it was the first time (makes sense I guess). Anyway, I basically just watched this movie because I'm going to see Saw II tomorrow in the theaters and wanted to treat myself to the original. Plus, this will be the only "horror/Halloween" movie I watch this weekend before Monday. In reference to the movie, it was very good for the budget and time frame they shot it in ($1.2 million over 18 days I believe). I also thought Cary Elwes and Danny Glover did good jobs. I hadn't seen them in years prior to this movie.