Originally Posted By: artichoke
I agree Furio they wernt sure how to apply it. I forgot who wrote the law and statue but I do remember him being worried about that. Some people thought it would only apply to legitimate enterprises.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G._Robert_Blakey

If I rember well in raab's five families Giuliani ask Blakey to make a conference on the RICO law.The difficulty at that time (but still today) with the mafia and other criminal organizations is that being criminals their members know they can be intercepted, that there may be microspies, that someone can flip etc raab in his book explain how was so difficult to bug the sal avallino car and how the fib agent got a similar car and trained to place the bugs, how they had to remove them because they had discharge the car battery, and they had to put them back under the rain without wetting the inside of the car.

Another thing is that before the 1980s all the federal agencies rarely spoke with the police or the district prosecutors so it was more difficult to find evidence and easier to bribe people.

Giuliani accept the challenge to work with agencies, find evidence, build a solid and go ahead until the end.