Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Quote:
And it's for a long time already I try to figure out what's exactly the difference between "first degree murder" and "conspiracy to commit murder" in similar cases?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_(United_States_law)#Degrees

First-degree murder: any intentional murder that is willful and premeditated with malice aforethought. Felony murder, a charge that may be filed against a defendant who is involved in a dangerous crime where a death results from the crime,is typically first-degree.

a conspiracy is an agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime at some time in the future.

For example when Charles "Charlie the Hat" Stango was find and preparing the olivieri murder this a conspiracy to commit murder,if the hypotethycal shooter of olivieri would be caught this ould be a first degree murder.

Yes, but in this case why did all those gangsters who conspired to commit murder, get a 1st degree murder conviction, not a conspiracy one?
For example: Tony Provenzano, Jerry Angiulo, Vic Orena, Nicky Scarfo, Yonnie Licavoli, Louis "Lepke" Buchalter (even though Angiulo and Scarfo got it overturned later). None of them was present at the scene, yet they got a 1st degree murder conviction. At the same time, Patriarca and Tameleo, or Frank Diecidue in Tampa, were convicted for conspiracy to commit murder even though they have done the same thing. At least I don't see the difference, that's what I don't get...

The RICO was so revolutionary because if you prove that there is a stable criminal organization and that the people commited crimes for the organization they can be sentenced even if they wasnt present when the crime was committed.
Scarfo was the boss,jerry angiulo runned all the patriarcas bussiness in Boston ecc for examples Nicodemo was the driver in the dipietro hit but get 25 y because was part of the philly mob.