Originally Posted By: artichoke
I think I can answer 1 question in the patriarca case. The jury found them not guilty of murder and only guilty of conspiracy. Lerner was found guilty of murder and the guy that was next to him fairbrothers notguilty. Go figure

But if they were found guilty of conspiracy in a murder that has been successfully carried out, isn't it the same as being responsible for that murder? Or did the judge use some hypothetical scenario like "They have conspired to kill Marfeo and Melei but somebody unrelated to their organization has killed the targets before they did"?
I think when James Ida (Genovese consigliere) was convicted for ordering a murder and conspiring to commit another one (which has also been carried out) the sentencing said something like that about this 2nd murder, but imo it is not very logical, even though it's juridically admissible...

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 09/27/17 04:46 PM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."