GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 497 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,479
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,964
Members10,349
Most Online992
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 73 of 319 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 318 319
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91957
10/15/05 01:37 PM
10/15/05 01:37 PM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
Alexander .
How bad!
And Colin Farrell is an absolute miscast.

keep your mouth shut, and your eyes open.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91958
10/15/05 01:54 PM
10/15/05 01:54 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
Crash (Haggis, 2005) ****

An excellent film about different people drifting in and out of each other's lives. This film touches upon the gray area of racism and really drives it home during this film. It showed alot of truth. Strong performances all around, one of the best of the year. The best?
I thought Crash was great as well. Most of the people at my work who haven't seen it yet have been renting it by word of mouth. I haven't really heard anyone talk bad about it except a magazine that we get through my work only gave it like * 1/2 or something low like that. They said the director tried too hard with his shooting style and about how the story was weak, etc. Probably the first bad review I'd seen for ths movie

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91959
10/15/05 01:57 PM
10/15/05 01:57 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
I actually thought the shooting style was one of the film's strong points.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91960
10/15/05 02:01 PM
10/15/05 02:01 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Me too, but the story did it for me. I thought it was kinda funny in the beginning with all the racial slurs being thrown around because I wasn't expecting it. My heart went out to Don Cheadle's character though

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91961
10/15/05 03:00 PM
10/15/05 03:00 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Another very good movie overrated by IMDB.

The best moment in Crash.

"You embarrass me. You embarrass yourself."

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91962
10/15/05 03:43 PM
10/15/05 03:43 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
I gotta agree with DV. Haggis' CRASH is a very good/nice drama that is overrated of sorts by many folks...like Eastwood's MILLION DOLLAR BABY, which coincidently was scripted by Haggis.

Still, a nice movie to dig.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91963
10/15/05 04:19 PM
10/15/05 04:19 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
I agree that Million Dollar Baby was overrated

Midnight Cowboy #36 on the AFI Top 100 List ** 1/2

The directing really stood out to me on this one. I really liked how a shot of Jon Voight walking down the street with his radio during the day and night would overlap each other among other shots similar to this. Dustin Hoffman was also very enjoyable as Ratso Rizzo. This is the story of a sleazy con-man (Hoffman) and a Texas "cowboy" Joe Buck (Voight) and their adventures in just trying to survive in the streets of New York City.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91964
10/15/05 05:00 PM
10/15/05 05:00 PM
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
Another very good movie overrated by IMDB.
I don't even pay attention to IMDB's ratings anymore. The people there know next to nothing about film.

I dig farmers don't shoot me please!
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91965
10/15/05 05:03 PM
10/15/05 05:03 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Well, IMDB.com does have some good people, just for every wise film-buff, there are ten assholes that actually make you wonder what mankind is evolving into.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91966
10/15/05 05:23 PM
10/15/05 05:23 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
THE TRANSPORTER 2 - **1/2 out of 5

I saw this on its opening weekend, yet forgot to review it.

I remember suspect_5's pretty negative review of the movie, and I thought..."If that guy liked BAD BOYS 2 but hated this sequel, what does that say?"

Instead, we get a movie that of sorts actually is an improvement from the first movie of the franchise starring the Limey Bald Badass that is Jason Statham. Instead of a bone-grindingly plot that dragged the film despite the fast editing and Statham kicking ass left and right, we get a plot that works, if only serviceble at best, yet it matches the narrative fine without feeling artificial, as I noticed in my VIDEO BIN REVIEW of the first TRANSPORTER picture.

*SPOILERS*

There are some things I dug about the film. For one, you actually have a villain, which we learn is a mercenary for some generic Latin American drug cartels, who admits that the film's conspiracy of planting a fatal virus at a Conference meeting of all the Drug Czars in the Western Hempishere......really doesn't make any sense, but he does it anyway for the nice paycheck. Really, no melodrama bullshit or lame garbage we're used to.

Maybe of sorts this is Producer/Co-writer Luc Besson's $30 million "Fuck You!" letter to Michael Bay. I mean consider that Bay's BAD BOYS 2 was shot in Miami for a ridiculous $150 million, and yet the $110-120 million cheaper picture THE TRANSPORTER 2, yet contians as much insane stupid shit that we are so used to seeing in Bay's picture, but cheaper and maybe of sorts not as insulting to me..and oh was shot in Miami as well. Consider Statham launching his car into the air to disarm the bomb attached to it, or driving through cement walls(as if they were cardboard) of a skyscraper's roof and landing onto a building next door, and so on.

Grossing over $70 world-wide and still opening up in new foreign territories, and who knows the money it'll do(good rental/selling grosses I say) on DVD.....I guess FOX will call up the services of a "Transporter" for a 3rd time soon?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91967
10/15/05 05:49 PM
10/15/05 05:49 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
THE TRANSPORTER 2 - **1/2 out of 5

but cheaper and maybe of sorts not as insulting to me..and oh was shot in Miami as well. Consider Statham launching his car into the air to disarm the bomb attached to it, or driving through cement walls(as if they were cardboard) of a skyscraper's roof and landing onto a building next door, and so on.
I saw this movie too on the big screen. It was not insulting to me, but unintentionally hilarious. One of the most insane scenes was that bomb under the car one. All of us clapped when he successfuly detatched the bomb
I also feel that the original premise of the first part,i.e., he transports anything has been totally forgotten . Instead he is just a super hero who can perform extraordinary stunts The french cop was funny though.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91968
10/15/05 07:37 PM
10/15/05 07:37 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Monster-in-Law - (Robert Luketic;2005;USA) - ZERO
A woman struggles with her future mother-in-law, who is determined to stop the marriage.
We've seen everything in this film before under different plots. Cliche jokes, bad acting, and the whole nine yards. The only good thing about this movie was Elaine Stritch, and she was in one scene towards the end. In the bloopers, Lopez doesn't even know when to start acting.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91969
10/15/05 08:28 PM
10/15/05 08:28 PM
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
I just finished watching Weekend. What a crazy, sick, twisted perverted movie it is.

One of the best I've ever seen.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91970
10/15/05 09:52 PM
10/15/05 09:52 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
David Cronenberg's THE FLY - ****/5

You know, its actually sad that many of you have never seen a film by legendary Canadian filmmaker David Cronenberg. Sad since hes one of the few directors that I know of to have quite a lengthy filmography, yet be consistently good/great or at least interesting, something we probably can't say for many filmmakers we certainly love.

Finally sat down and watched one film of his career that oddly I hadn't seen yet, his one major Hollywood box-office hit in THE FLY. Like John Carpenter's THE THING, Cronenberg's remake of the 50's B-monster sci-fi classic is far superior to the original motion picture, and has amazing puppet/Make-Up FX that is still amazing twenty years after being concocted, along with rather career-peak acting from Jeff Goldblum, who's unfortunately never been given such the lead in a Hollywood film or as much to work with as he has with this picture.

Truely a "Monster Movie" done really well in the horrors, the "High Concept" of the premise, and really of sorts a sad story with a not-so-happy conclusion.

Honestly, it really re-enforced how honestly that the American Horror cinema itself at the present time is so damn awful, weak, repetitive, and boring(except for maybe Rob Zombie's who's THE DEVIL'S REJECTS did impress me).

While Cronenberg has apparently a leading Oscar-contender in A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE, also check out some of his other pictures in THE FLY certainly, but also VIDEODROME, NAKED LUNCH, THE DEAD ZONE, SCANNERS, THE BROOD, EXISTENZ, and so on.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91971
10/15/05 10:01 PM
10/15/05 10:01 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
"I saw this movie too on the big screen. It was not insulting to me, but unintentionally hilarious. One of the most insane scenes was that bomb under the car one. All of us clapped when he successfuly detatched the bomb
I also feel that the original premise of the first part,i.e., he transports anything has been totally forgotten . Instead he is just a super hero who can perform extraordinary stunts The french cop was funny though."

Then again, one could argue that his job was "transporting" the kid....nah, you're right, the original premise was really lost. Then again, remember that the title of the first LETHAL WEAPON movie was about the nut-job crazy Mel Gibson that is unpredictable...yet that idea was certainly lost quickly as the sequels went by.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91972
10/15/05 11:54 PM
10/15/05 11:54 PM
Hell
Mike Sullivan Offline
Underboss
Mike Sullivan  Offline
Underboss
Hell
Dial "M" for Murder (1953) First Viewing
Directed By: Alfred Hitchcock
Rating: ****/****

Slow but inteligent build-up, quick climax and suspenseful conclusion, help make this film amoung Hitchcock's best.

Madness! Madness!
- Major Clipton
The Bridge On The River Kwai

GOLD - GOLD - GOLD - GOLD. Bright and Yellow, Hard and Cold, Molten, Graven, Hammered, Rolled, Hard to Get and Light to Hold; Stolen, Borrowed, Squandered - Doled.
- Greed

Nothing Is Written
Lawrence Of Arabia
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91973
10/16/05 12:57 AM
10/16/05 12:57 AM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Jersey Girl - (Kevin Smith;2004;USA) -
After his wife dies and he loses his job, a publicist must take care of his daughter alone as well as live with his father again.
This could've easily been another average romantic comedy, but Smith's dialogue enhances the film, and makes us care for the characters more. I'm also glad it focused more on the father theme of the film rather then the romance, which is minimal compared to most romantic comedies. It's not as good as Smith's other work due to some poor moments, but it turns out to be a good movie. Smith also seems to care about his characters more then the average director.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91974
10/16/05 01:54 AM
10/16/05 01:54 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
It Happened One Night #35 on the AFI Top 100 List * 1/2

The story of a world-weary reporter who crosses paths with a runaway heiress. My first Clark Gable movie and he and Claudette Colbert were both very enjoyable. However, other than them nothing stood out to me or did anything for me

Domino ***

I had been anticipating the release of this movie for months now and although I built the movie up in my head (which it wasn't as good as I was hoping for), I still did enjoy it very much. The movie is shot pretty much exactly the same way Man on Fire was. I really liked Lucy Lui even though she wasn't given much camera time. There was a good amount of humor in this movie which helped ease the tension with the story being told by our young bounty hunter friend. And if you guys thought you heard the lines "My name is Domino Harvey. I am a bounty hunter" or "Heads you live, tailes you die" just wait until you see the movie. I was sick of hearing them by the end but overall a very good movie that should be viewed in the theater

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91975
10/16/05 02:17 AM
10/16/05 02:17 AM
Hell
Mike Sullivan Offline
Underboss
Mike Sullivan  Offline
Underboss
Hell
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
It Happened One Night [b]#35 on the AFI Top 100 List * 1/2

The story of a world-weary reporter who crosses paths with a runaway heiress. My first Clark Gable movie and he and Claudette Colbert were both very enjoyable. However, other than them nothing stood out to me or did anything for me

Domino ***

I had been anticipating the release of this movie for months now and although I built the movie up in my head (which it wasn't as good as I was hoping for), I still did enjoy it very much. The movie is shot pretty much exactly the same way Man on Fire was. I really liked Lucy Lui even though she wasn't given much camera time. There was a good amount of humor in this movie which helped ease the tension with the story being told by our young bounty hunter friend. And if you guys thought you heard the lines "My name is Domino Harvey. I am a bounty hunter" or "Heads you live, tailes you die" just wait until you see the movie. I was sick of hearing them by the end but overall a very good movie that should be viewed in the theater [/b]
My friend I cannot help but just laugh at your taste in film. A witty, urbane and grand screwball comedy that happenes to be lauded by critics and audiences alike; has the marvelous work of Clark Gable and Claudete Colbert and has the direction of one of he great directors; just doesn't suit you yet you'll give three stars to a film made by a director who needs a new godamned editor because every time he makes a cut I feel like I'm having a goddamn seizure.

Madness! Madness!
- Major Clipton
The Bridge On The River Kwai

GOLD - GOLD - GOLD - GOLD. Bright and Yellow, Hard and Cold, Molten, Graven, Hammered, Rolled, Hard to Get and Light to Hold; Stolen, Borrowed, Squandered - Doled.
- Greed

Nothing Is Written
Lawrence Of Arabia
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91976
10/16/05 03:36 AM
10/16/05 03:36 AM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut - (Trey Parker;1999;USA) -
After the South Park kids start swearing because of a Terrence and Phillip movie from Canada, America declares war on Canada.
A great satire from Parker and Stone. Sure it's raunchy but it wouldn't be South Park any other way. Almost scene proves to be hilarious from mocking movie cliches to Saddam Hussein. One of the best comedies (if not the best) to come from the last ten years.

[about women and their periods]
Mr. Garrison: ...I'm Sorry Wendy, but I don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91977
10/16/05 06:40 AM
10/16/05 06:40 AM
MistaMista Tom Hagen Offline
Underboss
MistaMista Tom Hagen  Offline
Underboss
I havent watched that movie since it first came out. Maybe I should give it a rewatch, see if it fits my (slightly) more mature sense of humor.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91978
10/16/05 09:13 AM
10/16/05 09:13 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Sullivan:
[quote]Originally posted by Irishman12:
[b] It Happened One Night [b]#35 on the AFI Top 100 List
* 1/2

Domino ***

I had been anticipating the release of this movie for months now and although I built the movie up in my head (which it wasn't as good as I was hoping for), I still did enjoy it very much. The movie is shot pretty much exactly the same way Man on Fire was. I really liked Lucy Lui even though she wasn't given much camera time. There was a good amount of humor in this movie which helped ease the tension with the story being told by our young bounty hunter friend. And if you guys thought you heard the lines "My name is Domino Harvey. I am a bounty hunter" or "Heads you live, tailes you die" just wait until you see the movie. I was sick of hearing them by the end but overall a very good movie that should be viewed in the theater [/b]
My friend I cannot help but just laugh at your taste in film. A witty, urbane and grand screwball comedy that happenes to be lauded by critics and audiences alike; has the marvelous work of Clark Gable and Claudete Colbert and has the direction of one of he great directors; just doesn't suit you yet you'll give three stars to a film made by a director who needs a new godamned editor because every time he makes a cut I feel like I'm having a goddamn seizure. [/b][/quote]Well we all have our different tastes now don't we. There are many members here who have a certain taste in films that I laugh at as well. That's the beauty of America, diversity! BTW, I don't like "screwball comedies" at all but I do enjoy Tony Scott's editing/directing

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91979
10/16/05 10:57 AM
10/16/05 10:57 AM
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[b] South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut - (Trey Parker;1999;USA) -
After the South Park kids start swearing because of a Terrence and Phillip movie from Canada, America declares war on Canada.
A great satire from Parker and Stone. Sure it's raunchy but it wouldn't be South Park any other way. Almost scene proves to be hilarious from mocking movie cliches to Saddam Hussein. One of the best comedies (if not the best) to come from the last ten years.

[about women and their periods]
Mr. Garrison: ...I'm Sorry Wendy, but I don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die. [/b]
FUNNIEST.

MOVIE.

EVER.

Chef: Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclomation?

Commander: I don't listen to Hip-Hop.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91980
10/16/05 01:45 PM
10/16/05 01:45 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
I found Crash to be an ultimately conservative film which was over-written, over-acted, and a powerful punch in the gut for anybody who could suspend disbelief for its 112-minutes running time. A film not without its explosive moments of potential, but for a melodrama full of dramatic irony and overkill, the final impression is dubious: an ambitious directorial debut effort, and yet it seems to offer no further insight into racism than what we already know.

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91981
10/16/05 01:52 PM
10/16/05 01:52 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Du Rififi chez les hommes/Rififi
1955, Dassin, Fr
1st time; big sceen
Professional thieves hitch a master jewel heist, but only one of them abides by their secret code of honour, and it all ends sour.
Highly influential heist film, famous for its half-hour silent robbery scene, which is a fine accomplishment of meticulous filmmaking, a precursor for the likes of Melville; its finest moments, however, come after the heist, with bad villains ruthlessly taking out the good villains, making for a tense, last desperate effort finale.

---
For the record, I don't think anybody's tastes in film can, or should, be laughed at. There are cultural and critical significances to be found in just about anybody's reaction to Art. From Irishman's taste, for instance, we know he enjoys films to which he can relate--if that means the majority of them must be contemporary, colourful, noisy action flicks, then so be it; I think it's admirable that he's even giving conscious time to films he wouldn't normally watch. Mike Sullivan, on the other hand, being interested in history in general, doesn't mind--or even prefers--to delve into Cinema's past in order to find what he likes.

If anything, I think both these tastes are slightly prejudiced towards the other side--Irishman approaches a '30s black and white melodrama with as much preceding caution and reservation as Mike approaches the newest summer blockbuster. Mike, have you seen Domino?

Thanks for reading,
Mick

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91982
10/16/05 02:00 PM
10/16/05 02:00 PM
The free Iraq
Aziatic Offline
Underboss
Aziatic  Offline
Underboss
The free Iraq
Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
[b]Du Rififi chez les hommes/Rififi
1955, Dassin, Fr
1st time; big sceen
[/b]
I want to see that movie soon, because a Remake is announced starring Mr. Alfredo Pacino in 2007

Link

Quote of the Moment:

"Fredo - you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever."
Michael Corleone

My DVD Collection | My Showroom
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91983
10/16/05 02:13 PM
10/16/05 02:13 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Yeah; the whole attraction and merit of Dassin's film is its subtle, meticulous, and realistic approach. I watched it as part of a French Film Noir course, and part of the discussion after viewing always tends to find its way onto comparisons with American Cinema; it was concluded that the themes Rififi deals with and the nature with which it does so wouldn't work in Hollywood. For starters, Pacino won't be able to keep still or silent for half-an-hour, and instead of being professional thieves on a job, there'd be at least one explosion thrown in, to be heard miles away. Time will tell if our preconceptions will come true; as for now, Rififi is a top-class, unequalled film of its kind. The closest resemblance to it is Heat (1995), the director of which, Mann, has always had a nod to European filmmaking.

Thanks for reading,
Mick

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91984
10/16/05 02:52 PM
10/16/05 02:52 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
"Well we all have our different tastes now don't we. There are many members here who have a certain taste in films that I laugh at as well. That's the beauty of America, diversity! BTW, I don't like "screwball comedies" at all but I do enjoy Tony Scott's editing/directing"

Who precisely do you laugh at as well? I mean, you got the balls to admit who, right?

As for DOMINO, well lets just say the only cool thing about it is that Mickey Rourke is getting top billing again for a major Hollywood picture...

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91985
10/16/05 04:35 PM
10/16/05 04:35 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
"I am Domino Harvey,a bounty hunter. I am Domino Harvey,a bounty hunter. I am Domino Harvey,a bounty hunter. I am Domino Harvey,a bounty hunter. I am Domino Harvey,a bounty hunter. I am Domino Harvey,a bounty hunter. I am Domino Harvey,a bounty hunter. I am Domino Harvey,a bounty hunter."

So she's a bounty hunter? This movie looks like shit and I will pass it off. Plus, there are three films I need to see before I even fathom wasting 10 bucks on that shitpie.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91986
10/16/05 06:32 PM
10/16/05 06:32 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
Snatch. (2000) - ***1/2
Director: Guy Ritchie
A look at the inter-connection of the London criminal underground.

This one has it all... Wonderful characters, great camera work, a good story, over-all great performances, and even entertainment value. It was funny, and serious, all at the same time. It introduced some very interesting scene formats, a most memorable being a single scene which was presented out of frequency, in which the differant stories collide with no actual aknowledgement of the characters. Highly reccomended... Perhaps in subtitles for those who have a problem understanding the thick accents.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Page 73 of 319 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 318 319

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull