Originally Posted By: Footreads
There used to be a tv show in the 50s Queen for a day. People used to write in and say why the women they were writing about should win the prize of queen for a day. Then the show would honor her. That's all I remember about it. After all it was not a cowboy tv show.

On couboys shows they used to sell toy guns made by Mattel. One of the other guns they sold was a police shoulder holster gun the snub nose 38. Shot plastic bullets. The thing about it was you could make that gun into a one shot zip gun it shot 1 22 cal bullet. Then you could by what they call know a switch blade knife. We never called it a switch blade we called it a button knife you press the button the knife opens. You could by a button knife in any candy store. The blade size cost a dollar an inch. 8 inch blade button knife cost 8 dollars. I have seen real switch blades hard to get my friend Donato ( Donnie) had on it came with two blade straight and the stiletto blade. You could actually switch the blades in that.

Now I carry what they call a snap shot knife it's a 4 inch knife. You can snap it open faster then a button knife right from your pocket. One side of the blade is razor sharp. In that quarter of a second you could cut a throat from ear to ear if you feel your in a life or death situation. Good to have if your not carrying a gun that day. People now pay more attention to their smart phone then they are to what is going on around them.
That last sentence is so true.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...