Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Sullivan:
[quote]Originally posted by Irishman12:
[b] It Happened One Night [b]#35 on the AFI Top 100 List
* 1/2

The story of a world-weary reporter who crosses paths with a runaway heiress. My first Clark Gable movie and he and Claudette Colbert were both very enjoyable. However, other than them nothing stood out to me or did anything for me

Domino ***

I had been anticipating the release of this movie for months now and although I built the movie up in my head (which it wasn't as good as I was hoping for), I still did enjoy it very much. The movie is shot pretty much exactly the same way Man on Fire was. I really liked Lucy Lui even though she wasn't given much camera time. There was a good amount of humor in this movie which helped ease the tension with the story being told by our young bounty hunter friend. And if you guys thought you heard the lines "My name is Domino Harvey. I am a bounty hunter" or "Heads you live, tailes you die" just wait until you see the movie. I was sick of hearing them by the end but overall a very good movie that should be viewed in the theater [/b]
My friend I cannot help but just laugh at your taste in film. A witty, urbane and grand screwball comedy that happenes to be lauded by critics and audiences alike; has the marvelous work of Clark Gable and Claudete Colbert and has the direction of one of he great directors; just doesn't suit you yet you'll give three stars to a film made by a director who needs a new godamned editor because every time he makes a cut I feel like I'm having a goddamn seizure. [/b][/quote]Well we all have our different tastes now don't we. There are many members here who have a certain taste in films that I laugh at as well. That's the beauty of America, diversity! BTW, I don't like "screwball comedies" at all but I do enjoy Tony Scott's editing/directing