Saw this for the first time last night. My first Hitchcock. I have this thing with old movies where I just feel as though they dont truly capture human emotion and feelings, they all just seem so fake to me. Im talking anything before the late 60's, I just dont feel like I can relate to it at all.

Well, despite my best attempts to feel different about this film, I didnt. I really enjoyed the music, but the story somewhat bored me, and I found the acting to be fairly average. Hitchcock did use some interesting lighting techniques, which they comment on in the making of documentary. I also liked the long sequence when Jimmy Stewart is first following Kim Novak, and its completely silent, no dialogue, for like 20 minutes.

I didnt quite understand where Hitchcock got the nickname "Master of Suspense" based on this film. There were a couple shocking moments, namely when Novak takes a header into the Bay or at the end when the shadowy nun scares Stewart in the bell tower, but as far as suspense, I didnt feel it.

Ultimately, this film just fell to the curse, as I explained earlier. Im still planning to see Psycho and North by Northwest, and Im really trying to appreciate Hitchcock, so maybe Ill like them better.

I dream in widescreen.