Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
Go to hell? Sure DV. I'll tell Kurt that you said hi. :p
You better sleep with one eye open.

Anyway, Once Upon a Time in the West is the greatest western ever. It went off the trails of normal ones and took the operatic route. It's also a very inspirational film to many others people may not realize. I think it was Lucas who had a copy of the film's soundtrack during Star Wars. The soundtrack itself is excellent, for each character.

The opening is also great. Sure it's slow, but that's the point. Morricone went to a concert where music was made with all natural objects, and he decided to hold out on music for the opening, and just keep natural sounds in, probably to give us the annoying feeling of the desperados waiting for the train, and when that train comes it's like a blast from hell, contrasting the silence. The film itself is an excellent allegory to the rise of power, and corruption of landgrabbers.

The one thing I wish was different was the three desperados. Originally Leone wanted Eastwood, Wallach, and Van Cleef to be the three desperados in the opening, but one of them couldn't make it. Fonda is probably the best villain in a western ever.

MFA Review

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006