Final Destination (2000) [R]
Taglines: "No Accidents. No Coincidences. No Escapes. You Can't Cheat Death." / "Are you ready to match wits with the Grim Reaper?"

Director: James Wong (The One, "The Others")
Starring: Devon Sawa, Ali Larter, Seann William Scott

Genres: Teen Thriller/Horror

Summary: Boarding a plane for a school trip to Paris, a boy (Sawa) has a premonition that the plane will explode after takeoff. He freaks out, and he and a few classmates are kicked off the plane. His premonition comes true, and they escape death. But you cannot escape death when it's your time to go -- or can you? (You really shouldn't know more than that the first time you see it!)

Short Review: I didn't expect much going into this, but was pleasantly entertained! I think the camera work, direction and visuals were excellent. It takes a lot to make me jump in my seat, but this did it! While there are a few scary moments, it's not quite a true horror film. It somewhat reminds me of Scream, which I also liked, but I don't think it's as corny. Some may disagree, but then again, I like Porky's, so....

I never heard of this film, and just noticed they're making a third installment. Anyone else see this, and the sequel? How do they compare?

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations