Originally Posted By: MemphisMafia
Yates and blackfamily,Mississippi,as far as the citizens go they are the best on earth.They still believe in God and country.The system is very corrupt.there are other instances of guards in this jail leaving cell doors open for other inmates to get in and beat other inmates half to death.These co's don't give a shit.Yates,you being from Corinth then you know all about Alcorn Co. and how corrupt it was for many yrs.Maybe still is.i say this but Lousiana,new Orleans specificly is a shit hole and the worse of the worse.As far as Mississppi being the most racist,it has the highest percentage of blacks than any other state but I believe the races here have learned to coexist as well as any state.There are definetly just two cultures it is not the melting pot like in other states.People point out that the confederate flag is still the state flag but history runs deep.

MemphisMafia,

Thanks for the compliment of my state. I still think it's ambiguous when my state is referred to as the most 'racist' in this country. Contenders for that spot is literally are next door neighbors LA, AL ( sorry dixie LOL), TN (Birthplace of KKK) and even SC. I generally shrug it off since Jim Crow was nationwide. Whites & Blacks are the predominantly but others ethnicities have various effects on the state's culture as well.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb