GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (mike68, VanillaLimeCoke, 1 invisible), 467 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,462
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,948
Members10,349
Most Online992
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 62 of 319 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 318 319
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91627
09/03/05 09:59 PM
09/03/05 09:59 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
No I haven't seen any Martin Lawrence. I've got Chris Rock's Never Scared that I gotta watch soon then I'd like to watch Bring the Pain

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91628
09/04/05 02:18 AM
09/04/05 02:18 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
M*A*S*H #56 on the AFI Top 100 List **

A funnier and better movie than I anticipated. I've never watched the show but caught clips of it. I hate that "fake audience laugh" that they have on there. But Donald Sutherland was good as was the "Hot Lips" lines

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91629
09/04/05 02:20 AM
09/04/05 02:20 AM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

A great movie, although Altman's Short Cuts destroys it. I loved the theme song Suicide is Painless..

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91630
09/04/05 02:21 AM
09/04/05 02:21 AM
Austin, TX
suspect_5 Offline
Underboss
suspect_5  Offline
Underboss
Austin, TX
The Transporter 2, now I went into this knowing that as a "film" it would suck but I was hoping for a good movie. Those hopes were quickly dashed...then cut up and mailed to me in small pieces. This movie was inferior to the original in every way, every way. (Not limited to but including – No hot Asian actress or homoerotic fight scene)

The story is…well it’s not like the first one had a solid story either but, damn at least put a little effort into it Luc. The bad guy is crap, the scenario is crap, the ending is crap (well minus like the last 15 sec), this movie is practically failure personified. The action is lacking and too short, same with the driving scenes….in a movie called THE TRANSPORTER. Off the top of my head I can only think of two “driving” sequences. Plus the effects in this movie are laughable, no actually that isn’t the right term because that implies that you could wring some enjoyment out of them, you have a better chance getting blood from a stone.

The only three bright points, again no that is the wrong terminology – you see this movie is so “dim” that any spec of light seems like a beacon. Anyway the only things that I’m not going to try to wash out of my brain with alcohol are Jason Statham, the chick bad guy who only wore lingerie and used double fully-auto pistols, and the driving scene with the Lamborghini, the rest is a wash. (* or 48 or F)

--------------------------------------
This signature has been sanatized for your protection - The Staff
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91631
09/04/05 02:26 AM
09/04/05 02:26 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Wow, you liked BAD BOYS 2 but hated this movie? Man, thats....weird. I'll see TRANSPORTER 2 tomorrow to see if its terrible or silly like the first movie.

Then again, why is it that movies set in Miami tend to suck?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91632
09/04/05 02:27 AM
09/04/05 02:27 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
I loved the theme song Suicide is Painless..
Yeah that was nice. It plays on the DVD menu and I had to listen to it again just to make sure that what I thought I heard the first time was indeed correct

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91633
09/04/05 02:30 AM
09/04/05 02:30 AM
Austin, TX
suspect_5 Offline
Underboss
suspect_5  Offline
Underboss
Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
Wow, you liked BAD BOYS 2 but hated this movie? Man, thats....weird. I'll see TRANSPORTER 2 tomorrow to see if its terrible or silly like the first movie.

Say what you will but at least Bay knows how to blow shit up, and put together an action sequence.

Yes the first movie is "silly" or as I would say "fun" but this is just well, it will make you appreciate Bay.

Oh, and I LOVED Bad Boys II, thought is was a summer movie personified.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91634
09/04/05 02:56 AM
09/04/05 02:56 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
"Say what you will but at least Bay knows how to blow shit up, and put together an action sequence."

Well what can I say about him besides that hes a childish hack that spends $150 million on a movie that looks like only half was spent?

As for action sequence, hell Michael Mann's famous bank heist/gun battle in HEAT was more riveting than any stuff that Bay has ever directed. Hell, possibly more than all of Bay's action sequences COMBINED.

I mean, that scene in HEAT is studied by many U.S. Army/Marines students in terms of following one shot of how quickly and calmly under gunfire that Val Kilmer's character reloaded his weapon, and not to mention used(and copied) by many bank robbers over the years, especially around Baltimore, and now many police departments actually require cadets in some major cities to watch the sequence inorder to have an idea(though maybe not totally reality-based) on how heavily-gunned criminals fighting in broad daylight in a city with the police would look like.

The only thing that Bay has inspired was him being mocked quite openly in TEAM AMERICA.

Of course, I haven't seen TRANSPORTER 2. People tell me that its either damn-ridiculous-as-hell but crazy cartoonish enjoyable(hell, one friend told me that its like what if BAD BOYS 2 had spent $120 million less and actually had a director that didn't act like a 13 year old) and others tell me that its quite bad.

As you all have maybe read my VIDEO BIN REVIEW of the first TRANSPORTER picture, I thought the script and villains were complete SHIT. Really, thats why I don't get some IMDB postings that keep saying how great the first movie was. I mean the first film was quite ridiculous in many ways, including a deleted sequence where Statham deflects a rocket with a dinner tray.

Besides, the asian actress that was "hot" in the first film was quite terrible in her acting. Its probably that English isn't exactly a strong language for her, but neverless she was quite annoying actually.

However, such movies don't rely on scripts or convincing storylines or even decent villains. Its a movie-star trailer picture for Jason Statham. If he kickes enough ass and does some quite fancy(if perhaps too ridiculous) driving, then I'm okay. The first film was decent/entertaining stuff that worked mostly because of Statham's stoic professional charisma and of course, his fights...though that oil brawl was quite homo-erotic, eh?

Anyway suspect, I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I just can't see how BAD BOYS 2 is truely good summer blockbuster entertainment.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91635
09/04/05 03:01 AM
09/04/05 03:01 AM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Bay isn't anything special. Bad Boys II was a joke. A slow motion bullet into the head, 360 spinning in fast-motion with Smith aiming at two doors. Wow! My favorite part is when the sister is kidnapped and Lawrence looks up and says "It just got real."

Mann is great when it comes to his work, not only the Heat shootout, but also the Collateral Club Fever scene. A scene in Thief also had a memorable shootout, although it was effected by the budget. Bay

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91636
09/04/05 12:59 PM
09/04/05 12:59 PM
Austin, TX
suspect_5 Offline
Underboss
suspect_5  Offline
Underboss
Austin, TX
Hey ronnie, I'm not Irish I don't care if you give me a hard time, it is not going to affect how or what I post.

Ronnie and Don V, you're like a tag team, was that coordinated? Mann, yes is superior to Bay in terms of "film". Bay makes "movies" and yes the Island did suck, but when I say that The Transporter 2 will make you appreciate Bay, I don't mean over other "film" makers. In terms for you'll I'm saying that getting kicked in the balls will make you apprciate getting slapped in the face instead.

The first Transporter was good in terms of "movies". Statham was great as the Transporter, yes the Asian actress did have a hard time delivering her lines in English. And yes it is shallow to comment on someones "hotness" when talking about a film but come on movies are a visual medium and you're lying if you say that you would rather watch ugly people. True if they have material to work with, ugly people with talent would be better but it is not like were talking about films with good material here.

The Transporter 2 did somewhat try to go for that cartoonish feel but it failed because the rest of the film did not gel with the style of bad effects that they used. As a whole it seems fractured when you have the effects shots side by side with the rest of the movie, bad effects can be used with great um...effect if the rest of the movie can support it, here it cannot.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91637
09/04/05 01:09 PM
09/04/05 01:09 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California

One of the funniest films I've seen in a long time, bar none. Definitely worth the money!

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91638
09/04/05 01:16 PM
09/04/05 01:16 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Quote:
Ronnie and Don V, you're like a tag team, was that coordinated?
More like two posters with similar opinions on this matter. Yeah, we're launching an attack on the video game forum tomorrow.

I haven't seen The Transporter 2 and I really could care less. I don't enjoy seeing a badass character jump 15 feet in the air in between two cars crashing. It looks like a piece of shit with a good actor like Man on Fire or Hostage.

When it comes to Bay, I really don't care about films worse then his to judge him. He's a horrible filmmaker who goes as far to compare himself to people like Kubrick or Hitchcock, while maintaining the claim he's Frankenheimer's son, although it has long been disproved.

I remember someone once said Ali was a great movie, because Michael Bay makes shitty films. Irrelevant and false.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91639
09/04/05 03:32 PM
09/04/05 03:32 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
The Sound of Music #55 on the AFI Top 100 List ***

I really enjoyed this moreso than I originally thought I would. I was dreading watching a 3 hour musical but it was very good. I think the last 45 minutes-1 hour could have been cut out. SPOILTERS When Maria got married I thought to myself "it could end right here" instead of showing everything that happens with the Nazi's and trying to escape, etc. END OF SPOILERS

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91640
09/04/05 06:36 PM
09/04/05 06:36 PM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
last night I watched Jean Luc Godard's classic Pierrot le fou (1965). IMDB's trivia section for it says it was "allegedly shot without a script", and well, I say that is no surprise to me. that is what this film looks like. don't get me wrong, is not like I didn't like it, but for sure it's nowhere near as good as À bout de souffle or even Une femme est une femme. both these movies have the exact same "show without a script" feeling, and what really affected me (in a very good way) in them was the total lack of rules that Godard seems to work under. but hey, this time I thought that whole thing a little boring. especially a long shot in the middle of trees and birds when both Jean Paul Belmondo's and Anna Karina's carachters sing and dance like in a musical. that just kept repeating and getting more and more boring. but because I'm talking about a Godard film, I probably set the standards too high. in the end, I still feel like I want to watch Pierrot le fou again because I know I'm missing something.

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91641
09/04/05 07:05 PM
09/04/05 07:05 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
Quote:
Originally posted by DonVitoCorleone:
I just watched Once Upon a Time in the West for the first time. I'd rank it slightly above The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, and right on par with Once Upon a Time in America. Great movie.

Oh yeah, and Claudia Cardinale has the nicest boobs I have EVER seen.
I've still yet to see this film, and I want to very badly. Sergio Leone is, or so I feel, one of the best directors of all time (among the ranks of Scorsese and Kuberick).

Claudia Cardinale and I share the same last name. Thus, I am cool... Or at least as cool a skinny white boy with vague resemblance to Big Bird can get.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91642
09/04/05 07:31 PM
09/04/05 07:31 PM
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
[quote]Originally posted by DonVitoCorleone:
[b] I just watched Once Upon a Time in the West for the first time. I'd rank it slightly above The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, and right on par with Once Upon a Time in America. Great movie.

I've still yet to see this film, and I want to very badly. Sergio Leone is, or so I feel, one of the best directors of all time (among the ranks of Scorsese and Kuberick).

Claudia Cardinale and I share the same last name. Thus, I am cool... Or at least as cool a skinny white boy with vague resemblance to Big Bird can get. [/b][/quote]

Funniest post I've ever read on these boards.

I dig farmers don't shoot me please!
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91643
09/04/05 07:39 PM
09/04/05 07:39 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by DonVitoCorleone:
[quote]Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by DonVitoCorleone:
[b] I just watched Once Upon a Time in the West for the first time. I'd rank it slightly above The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, and right on par with Once Upon a Time in America. Great movie.

Claudia Cardinale and I share the same last name. Thus, I am cool... Or at least as cool a skinny white boy with vague resemblance to Big Bird can get. [/b][/quote]

Funniest post I've ever read on these boards. [/b][/quote]In what way? (Just curious...) Though I did like the big bird bit.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91644
09/04/05 09:18 PM
09/04/05 09:18 PM
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
When he said "Claudia Cardinale and I share the same last name. Thus, I am cool... Or at least as cool a skinny white boy with vague resemblance to Big Bird can get."

Hilarious.

I dig farmers don't shoot me please!
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91645
09/04/05 09:25 PM
09/04/05 09:25 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
I'll tell you what, she does have nice boobs.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91646
09/04/05 09:26 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

You beginners pick the wrong images.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91647
Austin, TX
suspect_5 Offline
Underboss
suspect_5  Offline
Underboss
Austin, TX
Hey Don V, I’m not saying “hey, here is Uwe Boll thus Michael Bay is a auteur”. I’m saying in the realm of “movies” if you are only considering something that fits into that category Bay is actually not that bad. I’m not saying that he belongs among the greatest directors of all time, or that he deserves an Oscar or anything- I’m just saying that he makes good “movies”.

If you are wondering about the quotation marks, to me there is a certain connotation that goes with the words “film” and “movie”. I mean have you ever heard the term “action film” no, well at least I haven’t, I hear “action movie”. Do you understand what I’m getting at? I myself like both; you seem to be a “film” type guy. (I’m not saying outright that you don’t like movies but it does seem that you hold both to the same standard – thus every time I say something about Bay a movie maker, you come back with Mann, who is more of a “film” guy)

Ha, ha - cool, white big bird, funny...

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91648
09/04/05 09:30 PM
09/04/05 09:30 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

I don't separate groups, and even in the area of "movies" Bay is still horrid. I don't give one of his films a rating over **. Simply put, he's shit, maybe not the worst shit, but he is what he is. Of course there are others who make movies worse then him, but my hatred of Bay comes from his poor filmmaking and his attitude, which is why I often use him as the epitome of a bad filmmaker.

And for your terms, for action FILM, see Collateral or even Falling Down.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91649
09/04/05 09:33 PM
09/04/05 09:33 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
You beginners pick the wrong images.

SCHWINNGGG!!!

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91650
09/04/05 09:42 PM
09/04/05 09:42 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
This morning I woke up at 7:30 and there was NOTHING on TV, except for The Specialist with Stallone, Stone and Woods. This is a truly bad movie, except for the fact that James Woods is hilarious. His character brings new meaning to the word "slime", but he delivers his nasty lines so very well.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91651
09/04/05 09:44 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
I just watched 10 minutes of From Justin to Kelly.

Definitley the worst 10 minutes of film I've ever seen.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91652
Austin, TX
suspect_5 Offline
Underboss
suspect_5  Offline
Underboss
Austin, TX
Quote:
but my hatred of Bay comes from his poor filmmaking and his attitude, which is why I often use him as the epitome of a bad filmmaker.

And for your terms, for action FILM, see Collateral or even Falling Down.
I have seen both, and liked them though I didn't like Collateral near as much as you did. I liked everything except for the script, the rest of the movie was awesome, note the lack of the word "dude" after I said awesome, because I am in fact saying that that movie caused me to sit there in awe for a number of reason (the ending not being one of them) And yes I would tend to put them more in the "film" category.

Myself I use Uwe Boll as the epitome of bad filmmaking, he is even a bad moviemaker. I mean there were so many elements in House of the Dead that should have added up to at least a decent movie but don't - it would be more entertaining to watch a movie made by a monkey throwing feces on a roll of film

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91653
09/04/05 10:52 PM
09/04/05 10:52 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Suspect, thats why I wonder why if you recognize the German hack that is Uwe Boll(a real shame to the actually good German directors in history), then why can't you realize that Michael Bay is simply the biggest asshole that my Generation Y has to deal with.

Its really sad when many of my generation think Bay is a great action director...

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91654
09/04/05 11:52 PM
09/04/05 11:52 PM
Austin, TX
suspect_5 Offline
Underboss
suspect_5  Offline
Underboss
Austin, TX
He maybe a prick, or asshole I don't personally know him, nor do I care about his lineage.

Here is a question I'm going to tape your eyes open strap you to a chair and force you to watch a directors entire filmography you choose Uwe Boll, Simon West, Dominic Sena, Renny Harlin, Stephen Norrington, Rob Cohen, Paul W.S. Anderson, or Michael Bay. (I'm going to make you watch the films for 36 strait hours so it doesn't matter if they've done 2 films or 12) Don't say I'm stacking the deck in my favor either these are all directors of the around the same caliber, they all make movies whose main poupose is to make money, or look cool.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91655
09/05/05 12:19 AM
09/05/05 12:19 AM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Isn't the script what made Collateral great? Originally it was a shitty action movie about a hitman named so cleverly "Mr. Collateral." Mann, along with others rewrote the script, Mann being the biggest influence on turning it into a great crime drama. The ending was probably the best way it could've ended, but the problem was the rising action, which almost took a Terminator turn.

I'd pick Simon West or Rob Cohen for my torture.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91656
09/05/05 01:51 AM
09/05/05 01:51 AM
Austin, TX
suspect_5 Offline
Underboss
suspect_5  Offline
Underboss
Austin, TX
Didn't we allready have this disscussion?

I mean I do sorta like the Cruise character, dying and riding the MTA like the beginning set up, but I don't like Jamie Foxx's character not getting shot. It's not that it is a horrible script, it just seemed to "stock" like a comic's code or Hays code rule, good shall always triumph over evil.

Yeah, I'd consider Rob Cohen but I just can't stomach xXx, I haven't seen all of West's movies but I do like Con Air and the first Tomb Raider I'd still take Bay Pearl Harbor is laughable and at least The Island has Dijmon Hounsou

Page 62 of 319 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 318 319

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull