Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
"bada$$" and it just didn't come off that way to me
Yeah, he wasn't as "pimp" as Elijah Wood in Sin City. He had reading glasses and long nails!
----------------------
Unfortunately my vacation was cut short, adding to the annoyance that I now must go to my first day of school, so I'm not happy at the moment.

Sin City - (Robert Rodriguez/Frank Miller;2005;USA) - ***
Three stories of crime in "Basin City" mixing comic book unrealism with film-noir.
A pretty good film that is ridiculously overrated, being far from a masterpiece. Good cast with a few bad actors, great visuals. Read past proview for more.
Top 100 Favorites

Collateral - (Michael Mann;2004;USA) - ***1/2
In eight hours during one night in L.A., two lives are changed forever when a nihilistic contract killer uses a taxi driver to drive him.
The best crime film of 2004. Michael Mann heals his wounds from Ali with this great film. The visuals and cinematography are top notch, as well as Mann's entire direction, period. Just about everything in this film is good/great, especially Tom Cruise's performance, which was overlooked by the Academy.

Animal House - (John Landis;1978;USA) - ****
Dean Wormer tries to end the Delta house Fraternity, but they keep up with their antics.
A classic comedy that inspired many more to come. This film never loses it's pace, keeping the great comedy through every moment. The music is great as well, especially during the "Shout!" scene. Unfortunately National Lampoon was never able to make one as good as this ever again.
Top 100 Favorites

Falling Down - (Joel Schumacher;1993;France/USA) - ***1/2
A defense worker leaves his car in a traffic jam and violently lashes out at the flaws in society, while trying to get to his daughter's birthday party.
A great film that could've been a masterpiece, with another director. The final image is a perfect ending, but the climax was mediocre. This is definitely a film that actually has something to say under it's action film exterior. Douglas' performance is great, and the supporting cast is very good, especially Duvall.
Top 20 or 30 Favorites

To Live and Die In L.A. - (William Friedkin;1985;USA) - **1/2
Two FBI agents try to bring down a counterfeiter.
It has it's moments, and Friedkin even manages to surpass his chase scene from The French Connection, but this is a very flawed film that has bad Wang Chung music, and many moments that just feel unrealistic. It still comes out as very entertaining and a decent film. The best character was Willem Dafoe as the villain. I'd love to see this under Michael Mann's direction.

Starman - (John Carpenter;1984;USA) - ***
An alien takes the form of a widow's husband and asks her to take him to Arizona.
Carpenter takes a surprisingly unconventional approach to this film, which could've been another sci-fi thriller. It instead acts like a drama of sorts, and works to an extent. Of course the film is flawed, but it still proves to be a nice, good film. Bridges' performance is the best aspect of the film, which is very convincing rather then cheesy.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006