Glengarry Glen Ross (1992) ****
Diretor: James Foley
Upper Management gives the salesmen of a real estate firm a hard time, in a sales contest in which first place is a new Cadillac and last is a pink slip.
I picked this movie up doubting how interesting a film seemingly all about real estate (the way it was marketed, at least) could be. But, the acclaim and amazing cast list pulled me in. I was indeed wrong. Entralling, amusing, a true work of art. But none the less, if the plot fails to pull you in, this is a performance film, and should be seen regardless of interest for the putstanding performances. The billing includes some of the best such as Al Pacino, Kevin Spacey (both of whom are considered to be in my top five favorite actors of all time), and the always great Jack Lemmon. But the casting doesn't end there. Each of the actors involved in this film are at the top of their game and give purely brilliant performances. Bravo, Mr. Foley.

Catch Me If You Can (2002) ****
Diretor: Steven Spielberg
A run-away teenager teaches himself to forge checks, and play the part of well-paying occupations--including a pilot, doctor, and lawyer--in order to support himself.
Spielberg, judging by recent films, seems to have lost his touch since the new millenium, putting out mediocre-at-best films since 2000 (although I haven't seen Minority Report). With this gem, he really shows that he may still have it. This was great. I enjoyed the great cast (including another favorite of mine, Christopher Walken). It was a cleverly put together piece.

Poolhall Junkies (2002) ***
Diretor: Mars Callahan
A look into the world of pool hustling.
I feel this one could've been stronger if underground gambling/hustling hadn't already been explored with Rounders. This was basically the Rounders of Pool. None the less, it was a good film. Towards the beginning, some of the performances started out a bit dry, and some of the dialouge--mostly cliche and attempted 'bad-ass' insults--came of a bit weak. But, Chazz Palminteri and Christopher Walken come to the rescue, thankfully, always giving off a good performance. I would prefer that 50% of the time, Mars Callahan stay behind the camera, as his choice of music and cinematography seem to completely set the mood of the film. Infact, if he had not casted himself in the lead role, I think the few areas of ill-acting could've been banished from the film. But anyways, a good, under-rated film.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."