Rebel Without a Cause (1955; Third time) - ****
Director: Nicholas Ray
Trouble arises when a level headed but rebellious teenager moves into town.

This was the first time I saw the film in about two years. Why I've delayed another viewing for so long is beyond me. This is without a doubt, one of my favorite movies and in my top five. James Dean stars in a legendary role--one of the most familiar in cinema, which ranks up there with Vito Corleone and Indiana Jones--as highschool student Jim Starks. The cast, which includes Natalie Wood, gives a terrific performance, one which is arguabley ahead of his time, and similar to the modern acting styles of today (Remember, at the time the film was made, we were still stuck in the "traditional" style of film-acting, which resemebled the animated style often used in live performances). The cinematography is fantastic as well, as Ray provides us with great visuals. But acting and camera work aside, this film has what too many films lack today; meaning. It has a message and importance in not just cinema, but life. It has so much to say socially, that I just can't sum it without extending the length of this post at an excessive rate. The film sums up the feeling of growing up in an unconventional American family, which is constantly at one anothers necks, but in the end, they manage to pull it all together. Undoubtedly one of the best and most influential films ever made.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."