I rewatched Dying young (1991) yesterday night. Gosh, I had forgotten how beautiful this movie was! Ok, it may be a tearjerker, a chick flick and everything. But I think it's most of all a movie about life, about love. With a superb Julia Roberts (delightful and intense as usually) and an outstanding performance by Campbell Scott (I wonder why this actor is so underrated!! ). They are both so credible in their roles. Scott's eyes are so desperately hungry for life and love. I rarely saw that intensity on screen.

Add a fine photography (San Francisco is shown in all its magnificence, no wonder they say it is one of the most beautiful cities of the world!), a good direction (Joel Schumacher), an excellent screenplay and a wonderful music (the love theme is heartbreaking, literally). A must see, definitely.

Quotation:

Because I love you. And if you come back with me to the hospital and fight for us. Fight for us, I will never leave you Victor. But you have to fight. And if you get well, when you get well, I'll be there with you. And if you die, I will hold your hand. I'll hold your hand and the last thing you will ever see will be me because I love you.

Oh, and an advice for my female friends on the board: never watch this movie with your make up on!

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)