Adaptation. (2002) - ****
Director: Spike Jonze
Screenwriter Charlie Kaufman stumbles when he plans to adapt a novel into a film with aboslutely no character arcs or resolution.

Wow. What can I say. This was amazing, and one of the years best, if not the best. This was far superior to Being John Malkovich (1999), which was also amazing, and so original! Kaufman's work is some of the best drama-work I've ever seen, which is brought to life flawlessly by Spike Jonze. Nicolas Cage himself gives an amazing performance as both Kaufman and his fictional twin-brother Donald. But I think what really made this film work for me, was the truth behind Kaufman's representation in the film, and his attitude. I, myself, feel I can relate to his characterization in this film more than any other movie character. This is a must see, along with Being John Malkovich.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."