Originally Posted By: Ciment
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Originally Posted By: Ciment
Originally Posted By: miklo
Do you think that the Ndrangheta will become stronger than the American families already present in a future loved ones.
The Ursino de Gioiosa Ionica is apparently already considered the 6th family in New York.
Clan Commisso and Aquino-Coluccio clan are also present in New York.
Does anyone have their staff and members and are they present in other major cities in the United States as they are in Canada?

If we are to believe Nicola Gratteri, one of the most respected anti-mafia prosecutors,"the Ndranheta is quickly spreading in the United States, particularly in Florida and New York".

It will be very difficult at this moment to know who all the major players are because there hasn't been many arrests or homicides pointing in their direction. I believe they are already there in more numbers than is led to be believed and they will in the future prevail based on their will to expand globally, structure, obedience to their code and low profile but this is just my opinion.
At the moment they have formed partnership with the existing Cosa Nostra in NY but if the american mafia continues to self destruct by having too many informants, it will leave a vacuum and the Ndrangheta will fill in that void.

The power of the ndrangheta is the blood ties,look at the gigliotti case hisband,wife and son run the coke ring,other difference is the the Santa a different level of nfrangheta ranks,the santisti can do things for what the other members would be killed and most import the ndrangheta grow in the silence and in the usa as I said the ndrangheta is marked by the government so anyway who know.

I agree Furio their blood ties & family structure makes them less vulnerable to having police enforcement penetrate their organization and if one turns informant then he will have to turn in his own flesh and blood. That is why there are less informants in the Ndrangheta compared to other criminal organizations.

I don't think the ndrangheta will win the war with the feds if they grow too strong. Hiding in bunkers beneath their homes won't protect them against the wrath of the American justice system. The feds have the means at their disposal to find weak links in every organization.

I also think that there's bigger change that the balance of power between the Italian Mafias will swift before the ndrangheta will supplant the New York families. That they'll lose power in Montreal is one thing, but New York is a different story.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."