Originally Posted By: FrankMazola
Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi

I couldn't agree more Oak, In my opinion Marcello is one of the most obscure but immensely powerful godfathers in the entire history of the Mob. The amount of territory he controlled was huge. We're talking Louisiana, Mississippi and significant parts of Texas and Alabama.

He is.... but how did his empire just 'crumble' after his death. I mean going from one of the preeminent members of LCN hierarchy to zilch in a few years? Weird.

Their possible involvement with the Kennedy assassination. Notice how most of the south and west cost mobs were pretty much done after that. Even the midwest. Chicago, KC and Detroit were still in Vegas but that was about it. Bobby Kennedy destroyed the national syndicate.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea