Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[b] First Blood - (Ted Kotcheff;1982;USA) - ***
A mentally unstable Green Beret drifter retreats into the wilderness after being harassed by small-town cops.
A pretty good and solid film. It works as an action film without being too gratuitous, and works as a drama/thriller to an extent. This is probably Stallone's only good movie from the 80's. The music is good, and the cinematography is great. The original ending would've been better.
#26 [/b]
What was the original ending?

I actually remember loving the ending more than the rest of the movie - maybe because thats where Rambo is really speaking. The best part of the movie begins when he say :

"Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off"

Thats where hes starting to open up - to me, this last scene has more power than all the bullets and explosions in the movie.

----
----

I just saw "Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai (1999)

Jim Jarmusch who also directed "Dead Man" delivers another interesting movie. I say "interesting" because both Dead Man and Ghost Dog are not among my favs, but they were interesting movies to watch - I do want to see more from Jarmusch.

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)