Yeah, but the impression I get from Rodriguez is that he tries to be like Tarantino. The only thing I like about him is his choice of music, which is usually Tito and Tarantula. I'll still see it, and I'm expecting at least a good film. I just hope it's not as mindless as most comic book films are.

Angels with Dirty Faces - (Michael Curtiz;1938;USA) - ****
Two friends grow up in Hells Kitchen, one a gangster, the other a priest. After Rocky's released from prison, Father Connelly begins to see the negative impact his old friend has on the local kids.
A classic gangster film. Cagney is great, although he was better in White Heat. It's not as good as WH, but I enjoyed it more. O'Brien and Bogart also have good supporting roles. Seeing this gives me a lot more respect for the old Hollywood gangster films. This is even better then the original Scarface IMO, and has more to say then just an average rise and fall of a gangster. I highly recommend this to any fans of crime/gangster films.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006