A lazy day in front of the TV. How pathetic my social life is. :p

Out of Time - (Carl Franklin;2003;USA) - **
A police chief must be steps ahead of his own force to solve a crime that could be wrongfully tied to him.
Denzel is typecast as a character that is similar to past roles, and the film itself is a pretty dull, shallow script. Nothing special at all. A simple thriller with a not so shocking twist.

Collateral - (Michael Mann;2004;USA) - ***1/2
A nihilistic hitman uses a conflicted taxi driver to drive him from hit to hit.
One of the best of 2004. Michael Mann's meticulous and stylish direction makes this a great film, along with it's script, which boasts top notch dialogue and characters. Tom Cruise plays his role to a T, and Jamie Foxx also gives a good performance. Cruise deserved a Supp. Actor nomination. The DVD photography also gives great dimension to the cinematography. The rising action towards the end however gets a little over the top, from the office to subway. Mann's 3rd best,

Grumpy Old Men - (Donald Petrie;1993;USA) - ***
Two old men fight over a new woman who moves to town.
A very funny comedy that has a great combination of Lemmon, Matthau, and Meredith. While not a great film it still proves to hold onto good humor. One of the better Lemmon/Matthau films. Probably the only positive thing to come from Mark Steven Johnson's writing.

Eraser - (Chuck Russell;1996;USA) - ZERO
A Witness Protection agent finds the men he works with may be into purchasing illegal weapons.
I first saw this when I was seven or eight, and I gotta say, it's a huge guilty pleasure. The film itself is as bad as they come. A horrible CGI alligator in one scene, Ah-nuld falling from an airplane onto a car without any damage (no, this is not a Terminator film), and just plain drivel from the start. One of the worst action flicks to come out of the 90's.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006