Maybe. I haven't seen enough of his films to be able to make that connection (I've only seen A Fistful of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More, The Good/The Bad/The Ugly, and Once Upon A Time In America only once and I wasn't really paying attention to his directional style, but more of following the movies storyline.

But that's one thing that I love about Scorsese is his use of freeze frames. One of my favorite shots (if not my favorite shot) in Raging Bull is when Jake La Motta knocks Sugar Ray throw the ropes and the frame freezes while someone is taking a picture so the screen is totally lit up. I also love in The King of Comedy when Masha is in Jerry's car banging on the glass to get at him and Marty freezes the frame, rolls the opening credits, and then resumes the film with that same frame. Not to mention how in Goodfellas Ray Liotta does his voiceover of "As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a gangster" while Marty again freezes the frame and cranks up 'From Rags to Riches'