Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
Toodoped

Well done & informative. I wanted to add that despite the drug trade being moved into the Douglas community, the majority of dope users & addicts were white. The 60s rolled in and the aaddiction in the Bronzeville area started to increase.

Thanks BF,Im glad that you liked my work.

Thats right, as I previously stated, throughout the 1940's some of the Jewish gangsters from the Lawndale area sold their Mexican product mainly to their own people but when the Italians got involved in the numbers and policy rackets, the Outfit changed its distribution territory down to the South suburbs somewhere around the late 1940's and early 50's, thus making the Chicago Heights faction the main overseer of the operation throughout the decade. So finally, when the 1960's began they suceeded in establishing their own "perfect" market, which was their first plan since the beginning of the venture. It was the same time when the Chinatown crew also got involved.

The same tactics are used even today, for example where I live, in the main parts of the city you cannot buy heroin but you can easily find coke, weed, extacy and even acid. The heroin shipments are mostly spreaded around the suburbs, for the gypsies and lower class of muslims, including Turkish and Albanian population. And obviously, the prices of weed and coke are always going up, and as for the H, it always remains the same.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good