Beyond the Sea - (Spacey;2004;USA/Germany) - ***
The life of popular singer Bobby Darin and his relationship with wife Sandra Dee.
A good film with a great performance from Spacey. What makes it only good is some scenes that are a little ridiculous. Also, at times Sandra Dee seems to be just the wife character rather then an important part of the film. Otherwise this is a good film with excellent music.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Mosrite:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[b] [b]
for instance, is there a way to download this or any of these french noir flicks? [/b][/quote]You can easily get it. The Criterion DVD for Le Cercle Rouge is in many stores in America. Now for Le Samourai, it's a VERY rare movie not released here. I bought it online at a site called Xploited Cinema for about $20. You should definitely get both. The DVD I got for Le Samourai is a Russian PAL DVD, which means the menu is in Russian (you can get a French DVD too for more money) and you need a regionless player to play it. I can only play it on my PC. The NTSC DVD of it wasn't translated the right way so there's a ghosting problem. These are the DVDs I have.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006