Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
Great Article Scorsese.

The Southern Pipeline is most intriguing and the fact he lived in the South now. I automatically guess it would be between Georgia or the Carolinas. Fact is that the Black Underworld outside the South will continue to network with their Southern roots.

BF,

Good point about the connection. I liked the film New Jack City, and at the end..they had Nino deliver commentary about drugs and violence "uzis ain't made in Harlem.....no poppy fields in the hood"

I laugh when that scene comes up because I get the point, but the guns come STRAIGHT from the South in the states with lax gun laws. Gangster and criminal element connects directly to their people down south and run guns. For decades now. Now, in the crack era.....drug crews did get access to military grade weapons ...which I guess what the point of Nino's speech.

Also, the drugs themselves are directly the result of Caribbean and Latino immigrants to the Northern cities....and they are plugged in to their own relatives back home. People from those countries and cultures who look down their nose at Black Americans HATE when this fact comes up.

As far as the guy in this article...if he's from Brooklyn.....chances are his people are from the Carolinas...and I'd agree with you that he is somewhere out in the Cackalackas.