Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
Bringing Up Baby [b]#97 on the AFI Top 100 List

Last night I watched this movie and usually I right a review immediately following the movie, but I was tired & had to be up early and I knew I'd have time at work to do it. Anyway, this was probably the first movie of the list that I wasn't too crazy about. I mean, I understand the movie was made in 1938 but that's just not my kind of comedy. It's too predictable and sometimes childish. I will say though that Katharine Hepburn did look fine back in her day and Cary Grant did a good job as the "bumbling fool doctor" but it just wasn't my taste I guess. Not horrible but not that great either. [/b]
I'll tell you the truth: I can't understand what was so predictable about the film. Besides the fact that we know they'll be together, I really found nothing predictable in this unbelivably great screwball comedy. Hepburn delivers a great role as the mad-cap heiress as does the amazing Cary Grant who is very reminescent of Harold Lloyd in "Saftey Last" (1923). Her antics bringing him alaive is not only humorous but it is acctually an asspect of love that is expored here (Though of course, not in all seriousness).

In fact, this film psawned a sub-genre of romance that we see alot in sit-coms today.

Madness! Madness!
- Major Clipton
The Bridge On The River Kwai

GOLD - GOLD - GOLD - GOLD. Bright and Yellow, Hard and Cold, Molten, Graven, Hammered, Rolled, Hard to Get and Light to Hold; Stolen, Borrowed, Squandered - Doled.
- Greed

Nothing Is Written
Lawrence Of Arabia