Well my little berg was finally graced with the presence of the film “The Layer Cake”. I’ve been reading about it for a while now, but every time I looked it up it was only in LA or NYC. Well this week it finally arrived and I’ll be dammed if I was going to miss it.

If you don’t know about it it’s an English gangster movie done by the guy who produced all of Guy Ritchie’s stuff, Matthew Vaughn. It even stars one of the many actors rumored to be the next Bond, Daniel Craig. The movie is about Daniel Craig’s character who just happens to be a large volume drug dealer. When his superior asks him to do him a couple of favors his whole life gets properly f*cked. He is supposed to find a girl for an old friend and that turns out to be a trap of sorts that puts him in a precarious position. The other favor involves a ecstasy deal with a “Wankster” that goes south on so many levels it is like a Greek f*cking tragedy.
Daniel Craig’s character (as I refer to him because I don’t know his name) is forced to come up with some plan to satisfy all of the parties that have become involved. With Daniel’s performance you believe that his character is able to do what he does. His eyes alone convey a layer of thought and performance all their own. It is a thoroughly enjoyable film and worth the wait to see it.
I’m not sure I saw what exactly snagged the job of director of X3 for Mathew Vaughn in this but then again I guess that really doesn’t matter now does it as he is off the project. Still yet the movie is fantastic and garners an 89 viewing score.

--------------------------------------
This signature has been sanatized for your protection - The Staff