Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
[quote]Originally posted by afsaneh77:
[b] [b]Sideways
(04/Alexander Payne/US) 8/10
And by loser, I mean the way most of us look into our lives and the inner feeling of being a loser: Half my life is over and I have nothing to show for it.[/b]
Not to mention their moral shortcomings. Stealing from one's own mother, promiscuity, turning a blind eye to such adultery, and everything done without a trace of guilt. The empathy Payne shows for his characters in this film is worrying. I still loved it.[/b][/quote]I don't know if it worries you even more to say I can relate to them. They are just like these two opposite feelings inside us, the depressed snob who overlooks whatever he does because there has been an explanation to overcome the guilt and the crazy throw everything out the window, be happy and don't worry feeling.

What did you think would happen on a weeklong trip for old buddies before the wedding? You are broke, you want to show a good time to your old buddy who is the exact opposite and a womanizer and rest is obvious. I don't know, maybe it is because I'll be reaching that age in a little while. It is all about one last time doing this and that, because we are not getting any younger.

Everyone would get the sympathy when the story is being told from his or her viewpoint.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones