Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
@ Smeary @guero

GoodPost guys.....

That clarifies some things for me. The thing on Sinaloa with the tunnels, I figure they still have massive capabilities of getting narcotics here, I just figured, looking at the writing on the wall with the border/immigration politics being at the forefront at the moment, it would be more expensive. And if they are already fighting an expensive, costly war, AND already have lost an invaluable revenue stream from the local retail trade, on top of this they seem to be losing the propaganda war, which in Mexico is VERY IMPORTANT. ( at least, it seems so, as far as getting the population to " believe" in the superiority of your criminal brand)

I'm not sure if Mexico controls the Caribbean route, the long time prevalence and success of Dominican traffickers on the NorthEast led me to believe they didn't. I feel like recent indictments, sort of back this up, you see huge heroin bust in NY, with cartel heroin, but no coke, likely cause the Dominicans have it sewn up. What I've been wondering is, is it STILL COLOMBIANS SUPPLYING THE DOMINICANS, or is it Mexicans?

Same with the Calabrians. I keep wondering where their coke comes from, like the recent bust Hollander posted about, the 8 tons inColombia. Is it Colombians or Mexicans in charge?

I find the European thing VERY INTERESTING. I gotta ask you, IS THAT ACTUALLY CORRECT? Do Mexican cartels supply Europe? Like, are they sending all that coke into the Netherlands? The reason I ask is that the Calabrians seem to be just as embedded in South America just as much as Mexicans,so where do the Calabrians end and the Mexicans begin? I can't understand how that works. Are you sure they have that reach, I'm not sure they do actually.....

And I do get your point about Narco-politics. It's one of my long running themes of the board. I keep making the point that ALL of the violence in Canada, stems from Narco -politics, the shifting alliances and all that. And it all looks a lot like this, with the family blood relatives in control, almost always, even if the ties go back 30-40-50 years. Long established relationships.

How does New Jalisco fit into the international supply scene? Are they allied with Italians? Or do they have direct agents in Europe directing wholesale operations? Like say, the Netherlands, or Spain? I was under the impression Colombians took over the West African route, really the whole European trade.

Any info would be appreciated fellas...

I don't think the Calabrians are as embedded in Colombia and South America as the Sinaloa Cartel. The Sinalao cartel controls 35% of all cocaine exports from Colombia while having a heavy presence in Peru and Bolivia. When I said parts of Europe I meant southern Europe mainly Spain where the Sinaloa has tried to establish itself there. A high ranking Sinaloa Cartel manager Chino Antrax was arrested in Spain a while back meaning they are either have established themselves there competing directly with the Colombian traffickers. I don't think the Calabrians control any of the drug trafficking routes from Colombia, they just have business contacts in the country. The Colombians are the ones trafficking the cocaine through Africa into Europe. The Calabrians just distribute it into Europe. The Sinaloa Cartel has also been manufacturing meth in Southern Asia mainly Singapore and Malayasia.

Last edited by SmearyGoose1768; 02/12/17 02:13 PM.