Smeary

This goes to something I read about a while ago now, the fracturing and "Balkanization" of the cartels.

It's why I keep asking are the Zetas still a cartel. I had read that it went from like seven major cartels to like 22 or so " micro-cartels" that were more regional/local than intercontinental/international.

How does this infighting affect their transport capabilities? Or does it at all?

How does this affect the balance of power between Sinaloa and New Jalisco?

(For example, I thought New Jalisco ran the local trade, and simply didn't have the capabilities to compete with Sinaloa on an international level as far as moving large narcotics loads,, )
To me it also highlights a decline. Sinaloas power was always moving large drug lots, export basically. Are they losing ground internationally to the Calabrians as far as coke? Is this what has them realigning their focus to the local market?Or are they firmly embedded in the production zones in Colombia, to the point where they are the primary suppliers regardless?

Is this why they have been focusing on setting up retail heroin operations in NY, the Bronx and Buffalo?

All this stuff connects to me, when I see Hollander post about 8 tons seized in Colombia, is it Colombians controlling that, or is it like Sinaloan Mexicans?

It makes me think it's Colombians, because of the Sinaloans were moving 8 tons, to Europe, they wouldn't give a fuck about the local market.

Ive had the feeling for a while now that the Carribean route is making a big comeback, and that spells trouble for the Cartels in Mexico....

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 02/11/17 07:45 AM.