Not at all what kicked off the Riccobene War. What kicked off the Riccobene War was Harry showing Scarfo no respect and didn't acknowledge Scarfo as Boss. Testa and Scarfo started the Street Tax but that was the rules Cosa Nostra had in New York and most everywhere else. Bruno didn't enforce it during his reign but Testa and Scarfo were well within their right to tax all illegal activities in their sphere of influence. Scarfo wasn't that greedy in my opinion. Bruno was a much greedier boss than Scarfo. Scarfo shared with his guys and it wasn't just the top guys. People like Caramandi were scratching together 2 nickels under Bruno, but when Scarfo took over Caramandi made more money in those 5 years than he made his whole life along with a few other guys in the Scarfo era. And I say this even though I have never liked Nicky Scarfo or his reign as the Philly Mob Boss. He was an idiot with a huge ego, started off humble and about the life but his huge ego wrecked the family. He was a disaster as a Boss. That being said, I can't say greed was his downfall.