Originally Posted By: MeyerLansky
Originally Posted By: hoodlum
Originally Posted By: MeyerLansky
Originally Posted By: Tonytough
How's the book. Worth the penny ??

As for Savino, absolutely. I remember discussing that in an old thread, Chin let his guard down because he saw "green".

Chin most definitely wasn't as smart as everyone made him out to be..and the only reason why he survived so long as boss was 1. His crazy act 2. Fact he didn't ask for much money from his capos.

The capos were only too happy for a guy like chin, he takes the heat and they get to keep more money.

Why "they get to keep more money" ?
He took 10% from every capo right ?
I support tough tonys claim..most capos have 2 divvy up way more than 10%..usually 30%..depends on the boss,look @ joe profaci ,who wanted about over half ..thats how initially the gallo war started,am i right?..fuckin' scarfo was THE greed of all greediest mothers 2 rula a family,he figured he had it coming 2 him,cause of the monotonous of being stuck in a.c. since 63..even though he was makin' ends meet more than handsomely according 2 Serp...& chin did certainly take off the heat so the capos could operate in relative peace..the feds were so intent on nailing the chin,they took their eyes off who was really doing the street work & literally bringing in the proceeds.

So vincent was a smart boss after all he had a great plan that worked for years, and he invented the "street boss".
No,dude, im not saying that, Im just sayin' that what tony said has validity.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...