big sunday for me as I watched two great movies

Kill Bill Vol. 2 - it only got better in the second viewing, although it was the first time I really sat to watch it as a whole. none of the Tarantino trademarks I always loved (drugs, guns, street violence) are there, but it was like the director took only the few good things of commercial cinema and turned it into a big film. ( >>>SPOILERS<<< ) when Beatrix get off her grave, I knew that scene with her arm coming from the underground was one of the biggest cliches in the world of cinema, but it didn't feel cliche-like at all. but the best thing in it for me was that after watching Vol. 2, I felt that it was perfectly posible for The Bride to whack dozens and dozens of enemies in Vol. 1. after watching her under the trutelage of Pai Mei, I knew it wouldn't be that hard for her to get off her coffin and come back from death. Vol. 2 made the imposible seem reasonable. in fact, a great movie, 8.5 out of 10 for me.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - yes, the hype was too big. I really enjoyed this film, but all the things I heard about it before watching it got me waiting for something life changing. it was pretty unfair with this great movie. Johnny Depp and Benicio Del Toro were great by showing the viewer that their characters were totally stoned, and that's why they behaved almost like idiots. we didn't feel they are idiots, just that they are absolutely out of their minds. that's what I liked about it. in fact, I highly doubt the actors weren't pretty high too. not with the heavy drugs they do on the film, but maybe with loads of marijuana and some acid. anyway, a great movie too, 7.5 out of 10 in my humble opinion.

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk